VACANCY ADVERT: POST OF INTERNAL AUDIT – 1 POST.
Mau Tea Multi-purpose Co-operative Society Ltd is urgently seeking to recruit a suitably qualified, dynamic and self-motivated individual to fill the above position in the Society head office located in Kericho County. The job holder will be employed on permanent terms and will report directly to the CEO.
To audit various Society operations in order to ensure compliance to policies, procedures, internal controls, legal and statutory requirements and ensure areas of deficiencies are promptly reported to the CEO for action and mitigation. The job holder is also responsible for evaluating financial risks in various undertakings and offering advice to ensure the Society is adequately covered against possible losses.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, execute audits and report on compliance to various requirements.
- Carry out operational audits in various departments in a professional manner to ensure that budgets are adhered to and costs are controlled.
- Verify that payments made are fully supported by necessary documents.
- Auditing the trial balance, vouching the entries into ledger accounts and ensures that they are in line with accounting standards and procedures.
- Appraise the efficacy of and if needed, redesign internal control systems.
- Review operations against policies, procedures, strategic plans and budgets to determine consistency.
- Assess adequacy ofrisk management practices and recommend improvements.
- Discuss operational systems shortfalls with departmental heads and agree on a problem resolution plan.
- Conduct, scheduled and unscheduled cash analysis and verifications.
- Monitor the implementation of agreed actions and initiate remedial actions. ll.
- Review of business process to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Produce proactive and timely internal audit reports for action by the various stakeholders.
- Perform special audit-related projects as assigned.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
ACADEMIC PROFFESIONAL AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Must be a graduate of Bachelor of commerce accounting or finance option or a closely related business field.
- Must be a CPA-K in good standing with ICPAK.
- Must have at least Seven years’ professional experience in the field of financial audits or general accounting practice in a busy commercial set up.
- High level of integrity and self-drive with a strong desire to deliver in a dynamic environment.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills. Excellent in reports and presentation.
- Excellent planning, and organizational skills.
- Team leadership skills with ability to delegate tasks and supervise subordinates.
Mau tea multipurpose co-operative society limited is an equal opportunity employer and a competitive salary package and benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.
Interested qualified candidates should submit their applications enclosing relevant supporting professional and academic certificates and testimonials and day time telephone contacts to the undermentioned by 28th October, 2022.
The Chief Executive Officer,
Mau Tea Multipurpose Co-operative Society Limited,
P.O. Box 377 – 20200, KERICHO, KENYA